Friday 28 November 2014

Day 28 - Friday, November 28, 2014

What a windy, blustery morning for Kelowna, unusual in that it usually isn't windy in the Glenmore Valley. 

From my home, I went roundabout through a whole host of streets I've never walked before to get to downtown. Then I walked the path along the lake, by Abbot Street, all the way to Barrera, Casarso, then Benvolin and back to Cooper where prince charming came to pick me up.  By my Google calculations I walked about 19.5 kms.

Standing tall against the wind.





Clifton Road is still not open. The folding of these tarps remind me of roses.


Dropped into the new BC Tree Fruit Market for the first time. If you haven't been in there since they've moved off of Clement, you must make an effort.  The ladies don't have to dress up with parkas any more.


Coming from Northern Ontario, the plenitude of the Okanagan is sometimes overwhelming. 


A bright new attractive locale.


Since this is a day for exploring new places of business, I also dropped in to Sandhill Winery. Couldn't stay because they weren't officially open for the day. Will go back to check it out.


I'm not sure how this photo makes me feel as it reminds me of squirming eels.


Along Casorso Road, well trimmed trees are reminiscent of European back roads.


OK, I get it. That's the arctic airflow predicted to drop our temperatures to -12C by tomorrow. Dramatic anyway.


This is a sculpture by local artist Crystal Przybille and it is her vision of Father Charles Pandosy standing, well leaning, at the Father Pandosy Heritage Site on Benvolin Road. The bronze is full of symbols and meaning and well executed. Bravo.




Sometimes, you come across something entirely different.

No comments: