Thursday 4 December 2014

Day 4 - Okamino and Beyond

It's warming up in the Okanagan. It was a balmy -5C this morning with typical winter valley cloud. Decided to hike the usual White Rock Tree route with an extension over the newly built dirt road. There is going to be some serious construction along that road as they've got trailers set up for the engineers and those overseeing the project. It's all a little sad, losing this wilderness. 

On such a gray day, and since I've taken many photos along this route, I'm watchful for things I've haven't seen before and I'm happy to notice these.

Someone painstakingly assembled this little troll-like stone.


Angles, design and function all play into this composition.



This is the deer knoll that I climbed yesterday.


Almost looks like trees on a silver background.  If I didn't tell you that this is rivulets on a dirty car, you could still be charmed.


This requires no introduction.  Rocks and the way they split and the subtle colours are amazing. 


I have no idea what these are, but they were long quarter rounded sheets in the back of a pickup.



No comments: