Wednesday 14 January 2015

Day 45 Okamino and Beyond
Someone asked me the other day if my decision to do a 30 day hike pushed me into a compulsion to hike every day and I explained that the desire to walk/bike/swim/hike/jog (when I can) came long before I considered documenting it. I don't know if it's a compulsion as that tends to lump me into a psychological frame of abnormality. Rather, I like to think of it as the opposite, as something scientific evidence is showing to be the key to physical and psychological health, as if the two could be wrenched from each other. I guarantee that if you have trouble sleeping, a 5 hour hike/walk will fix that. Doesn't leave you much time for anything else though.
Only bumped into one runner on the way down Apex trail at Knox today. Not even one dog to pet. Looked down to see what was popping out of the snow.

Sage leaves are so attractive. There aren't many native species of trees/brush in the East of Canada with that colour. 



No comments: